Applicants MUST have a relevant QQI Level 5 Qualification (completed or in progress of completing same) with 1 year+ of elderly care experience being a distinct advantage.
Purpose of the Role
The Care Assistant works as a member of a team delivering care to the residents via the Named Nurse concept. As such a team member, the Care Assistant contributes to the fulfilment of Mowlam Healthcare’s philosophy of care.
What does this role entail?
- Supporting the nursing staff and team in delivering quality person-centred care to meet the needs of residents
- Getting to know residents’ interests and needs providing attention, support and companionship
- Promoting the mobility of residents, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure optimum mobility is maintained and improved where possible
- Enabling and assisting residents to maintain their personal appearance /hygiene needs whilst always maintaining their dignity
- Enabling and assisting residents to eat/drink and achieve physical comfort
- Participating, organising and carrying out social activities
- Sustaining high level of communication between resident’s family and staff developing good relationships
- Assisting in the upkeep of high standards of cleanliness in the home
- Contributing to the maintenance of Health and Safety in the home
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Nurse in Charge and management.
What are the qualifications/skills needed?
- FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare or equivalent
- Experience working in a healthcare environment (with a good knowledge of HIQA standards) preferable
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Reliable and professional
- Can work independently or part of a team
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook
- Fluent level of English both written and oral
All posts are subject to satisfactory references, medical and Garda vetting.
What do we offer?
- Guaranteed hours contracts
- Premium Sunday Rates
- Paid breaks
- Death in Service Cover
- Free Garda Vetting
- Comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
- Opportunities for career progression
- Paid trainings
- Subsidised/Covered meals