Applicants must be currently registered with Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (active pin) and be passionate about Gerontological Care.
- guaranteed hours contracts
- competitive starting rates
- Sunday premiums
- paid breaks
- comprehensive induction training and continued in-house training/professional development
- opportunities for career progression
- covered/subsidised meals.
Overview of the role
To promote and maintain the highest attainable standard of nursing care within the home and ensure that all staff are performing their duties adequately. This role reports to and is responsible to the Director of Nursing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage staff, delegating duties as necessary.
- Ensure that all residents are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and ensuring they are treated as individuals.
- Understand the Named Nurse concept, its function, and implementation and ensure that all relevant documentation is completed to the standards required
- Maintain professional standards in keeping with An Bord Altranais Code of Professional Conduct and have an understanding of all An Bord Altranais documents and their implications for nursing practice.
- Establish a personal and meaningful relationship with all residents, relatives and visitors, ensuring appropriate support and comfort is given at all times, especially to the bereaved.
- Ensure all policies are known and adhered to by all staff.
- Maintain clear, concise and accurate records within the home in accordance with legislation and facility standards
- Ensures the agreed policies and procedures for the control, administration and custody of all drugs and medicines are adhered to.
- Knowledge and awareness of HIQA standards and ability to participate in inspection process.
- Ensure all admissions to the home are carried out correctly and all appropriate documentation completed.
- Liaise with health care professionals as necessary regarding the discharge of a resident to the community to ensure continuity of care.
What are the qualifications, skills and experienced required?
- Registered on the Irish live register (NMBI). Must have active PIN.
- Has clinical experience working in Gerontological Care or Residential Nursing Care
- Working experience of HIQA Standards and Health Act Regulations 2013
- Fluent in English language (verbal and written) and be eligible to work in Ireland
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Work well with and lead a care team
- Caring and compassionate, and be passionate about providing high quality person-centred care