Provides nursing care and services to patients/families. Provides direction to licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and nursing assistive personnel. Delegates nursing care according to legal and regulatory guidelines/statutes and organizational policies. Utilizes reasonable judgment in carrying out prescribed medical orders of a practitioner. Functions as primary nurse/total patient caregiver. Serves as resource nurse. Acts as preceptor and takes charge duties as assigned.
- Practices professional nursing and delegates nursing tasks to nursing assistive personnel and provides direction to the LPN as appropriate.
- Utilizes nursing process to deliver care.
- Performs any nursing task requiring nursing knowledge, judgment, and skill.
- Administers medications. As appropriate, may administer intradermal local anesthetic for IV placement.
- Teaches LPNs and nursing assistive personnel special tasks of nursing care.
- Verifies staff competency to perform special tasks of nursing care as appropriate.
- Is responsible and accountable for quality of nursing rendered and adequacy of nursing care provided when special tasks are delegated to nursing assistive personnel.
- Functions as primary nurse/total patient caregiver.
- Serves as resource nurse and acts as preceptor.
- Takes charge duties as assigned.
- Incorporates the KP Vision, Model and Values through out their Nursing Practice.
- Performs administrative and other duties and accepts responsibility as assigned.
- May perform patient care to the extent necessary to maintain clinical expertise, competency and licensing necessary to fulfill job responsibilities and to direct the provision of care on the unit.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid Hawaii RN license (must meet education requirement(s) for Hawaii State licensure)
- Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in adaptability, change management, decision making, detail oriented, customer service, influence, interpersonal relations, oral communication, prioritization, problem solving, quality management, results orientation, system thinking, teamwork, time management, written communication competencies.
- Specialty Areas: Only departments in the Operating Room, Emergency Department, Telemetry, Intensive Care Units, Labor & Delivery, Pediatrics, Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Hospital Post Anesthesia Care Unit, Cardiology, Ambulatory Treatment, Clinical Decision Unit, Diagnostic Imaging, Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology, Population Management –
- One (1) year experience in area of specialty or completion of formal course in area of specialty within established timeframe.
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- One (1) year experience or completion of formal course in area of specialty.
- Coursework in basic EKG.
- Must be able to float to all Oahu locations as needed.
- Working days, start & end times are variable.
HoursPerWeek : 40
Job Category : Nursing Licensed & Physician Assistants