The successful candidate will report to the Supply Chain Manager and will be managing all aspects of the warehouse, utilising the team of 15 to ensure accuracy in pick rates, goods-in/out and loading rates to achieve maximum productivity without compromising product integrity and Health and Safety.
- Managing people resources and organising the recruitment and training of staff (the staff are on a 3-shift rotation, 24 x 5). Complete all administration functions required by the operation e.g. rotas, statutory records, accident reports, absence notifications etc.
- Maintaining standards of quality, hygiene and food safety in the work environment.
- Be conversant with and operate within the current Health and Safety legislation including local departmental procedures. Conduct risk assessment on all processes and tasks in the warehouse, implement countermeasures and mitigation plans to address identified risks.
- Planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt and dispatch of goods.
- Liaising with suppliers, 3rd party warehouses and transport companies.
- Ensuring stock control systems and inventories are accurate.
- Monitoring staff performance and progress; motivating and encouraging teamwork to ensure targets are met and exceeded and identifying training needs tailored to the individual and operational requirements.
- Overseeing the planned maintenance of vehicles and equipment that all relevant checks are made and when problems arise, contacting the relevant contractors to resolve the issue.
- Managing the warehouse budget for vehicles, equipment, training and racking inspections. Contribute to the setting of future budgets.
- Ensuring that standard operating procedures are kept up to date and followed. Looking for best practice and continuous improvement in ways of working that will make the warehouse efficient and effective.
Qualifications and skills
- 3+ years leading a warehouse team, preferably in an FMCG environment.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Demonstrated success in leading and managing teams and building strong cross functional relationships.
- Proven ability to manage a variety of tasks within a fast-moving, customer focused working environment.
- Focus on driving continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required, with the ability to work collaboratively with managers at all levels.
- Warehouse professional qualification