Technical Application Scientists are sharing the expertise and technological advancements with researchers, helping them in making the world a better place—whether they’re discovering a cure for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
The job is all about the customer and providing help and guidance. A satisfied customer with positive feedback for the support you have provided is worth more than anything else and ultimately a validation for the quality of your work. You will be supporting ThermoFisher Scientific products to both internal and external customers.
What will you do:
• Provide technical support for Thermo Fisher Scientific protein biology product lines and services by answering customer technical inquiries received via telephone, email or web chat
• Accurately record pertinent information from customer contacts in Customer Relationship Management system
• Participate in frequent training on products and continuing education on new applications and technologies and present technical updates to colleagues during trainings or department meetings
• Recommend and implement improvements in processes, FAQ and technical information
• Participate in additional special team or individual projects
Who we are looking for:
Education and competencies required:
• A Master’s degree or preferably PhD. in protein biology or related field; post-doctoral experience is a plus
• Strong “Hands on” experience with Protein biology, including Protein Analysis techniques (Western Blot, Mass Spectrometry, Cross-linking) is most applicable.
• Effective communication, both written and oral
• Prior experience in customer service is an advantage
• Proficient in French or Spanish or German or Italian and English.
What’s in it for you:
• Competitive salary
• Annual Incentive bonus
• Generous benefits package
• Excellent career progression as part of a global organisation
• An innovative and international working environment